My daughter says when she is grown up there is going to be no money.
I say all the power to her. “Money is the root of all evil” or so it goes. Think about what you could do with your life and your days if it did not revolve around getting a paycheque to ‘pay the bills’. It is tryly a hard thing for people to conceive and wrap their heads around. I mean we have been raised in this reality and another is sometimes thought of simply not possible. But what if we all worked together? Or for each other for the benefit of the community instead of for some obscure corporation or ‘the man’. What if I tended your children while you fixed my car? What if Susan down the street made our clothes while Henry from next door grew potatoes for our supper? What if the world rolled back about 150 years and we started again, tried again.
Ok, obviously it is not as simple as that but one has to start somewhere right? My vote is for the change to come from within the communities. People, populations are vehicles for substantial amounts of change though we are sometimes often led to believe that this isn’t true it truly is. We are powerful. We are creators. We are the people.
So I have a profession and services to offer occasionally even stuff and I am sure you do too. Heck we all do. What if we had more time to help each other out? Start small. Do what you can for your neighbours and ask them to return the favour. Build the community and the resources we have right at our fingertips.
- I make websites. I can have a website running for you quickly and for less than $50 a year. Showcase yourself, your skills, your small business and share your thoughts and ideas with your community. Websites have this wonderful ability to bring things to life and put them at the fingertips of those seeking your product.
- I am also amazing with children and love hanging out with them. I have 5 of my own so watching a few more at that point doesn’t really make a huge difference – kids are awesome.
- I am amazingly thrifty and creative. If you need something I can probably track it down for you within a week for a fraction of the cost of new.
- Want clothes? I once made a pair of pants in less than an hour complete with zipper. I wear them every St.Patricks Day ;) I’d take more time to make your clothes of course but you name it and I can fashion it for you.
- Got garden? I’ve been growing stuff all my life. I am finally in a permanent residence and my partner is marveling at the transformations taking place in the yard. Just wait til things really start growing! I’d love to help you get started too! I have a decent seed collection too that I would love to see growing so long as I can collect seeds again this year from one of the plants you grow :)
- Oh and I am super bright. ie. smart. So if you need labour be it in retail, food or whatever I am free, super friendly but not overbearing, polite, a quick learner and people generally like me.
You just have to share your wares with me ;)
Just some ideas. Check out my site at www.cleanclearandconcise.com for more information. Comment below with what you have to offer! Lets help each other.