- 1/3 cup flour
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/3 cup sugar (divided)
- 1 pound (about two full cups) tart cherries, pitted
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Combine flour and oats.
- Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.
- Mix in 1/3 cup sugar; set aside for topping.
- Sprinkle cherries with cinnamon, nutmeg.
- Pour into a greased 8 x 8-inch baking pan.
- Sprinkle topping mixture evenly over cherry mixture.
- Bake at 325° for 10-20 minutes or until your smell something delicious
This recipe is adapted from The Recipe Boy Blog where he adapted it from The Fruit Orchard cookbook he scored from a local orchard in Virgina. The tasty crisp in this picture is the one he made for his family.