- Study and look over a map and routes to planned destinations; it is an invaluable activity.
Orienting to space is helpful to spend less time being mildly lost.
- Wear comfortable shoes.
You will be walking.
- Get cash. All bills and coin.
I store different currencies in different purses. A CAN purse, US purse a UK purse, AUS etc.
Those 3 things and these 3 bags and I’m good to go anywhere really.
Things I like to bring for travel/hotel rooms…
In my Suitcase/Overnight Bag
- Air purifier
- Kettle/water heater
- Toiletry bag (toothbrush, soap, shampoo, conditioner, razor, lotion)
- Bathing suit & backpacking towel
- coffee, Starbucks instant
- vit c or mag powders
- tea packets
- miso soup packet
I often (almost always) toss a backpacking air mattress (Exped) and a sleeping bag into my car when I am going somewhere. When it’s cold I include a wool blanket. Honestly it has come in handy so many times. I can usually squish them both in my suitcase if I really need to.
In my Backpack, Day bag, Picnic Basket
spare wool socks
laptop & charger
ID Business Cards
I think that’s it. I wrote this to be a journal to myself that I can refer to over time. If it helps someone pack that’s awesome.