I actually have two freezers, the one above my fridge and a second upright. Whenever people come over one of the most common questions I get is, “How come you have two fridges?”
As I learn to do things differently I think I will eventually perhaps get rid of the second upright but for now I freeze a lot of things that I make and then store for later. I’m a busy single mom what can I say!
- Giant ziplock bag of blueberries
- Giant ziplock bag of cherries
- Huge bag of mixed vegetables for stirfries (beans, carrots, brocoli, peas)
- Various jars of nuts & seeds currently:
pine nuts, hemp seeds, chopped almonds, chopped walnuts, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds
In the big freezer:
- Homemade vegetarian wontons
- Homemade vegetarian chili
- Bags of chopped spinach & kale
- Large bags of apricots I have to make into jam
- Flat bread
- Perogies from Salmon Arm (if anyone knows how to reliably make these PLEASE come to my house!)
- Various teas
- Another huge bag of mixed beans
Points of pain: Glass doesn’t freeze so well if the contents are liquid or anything but dry.
In the winter or rather end of autumn I made a lot of soup and will freeze it into yogurt containers. I also have been known to stock up on bread and store it in the freezer as well.